4 Reasons Why Your Pooch Should Chew on CBD Soft Chews for Pets
You love your furry friend. You want them to be happy, healthy, and stress-free. But sometimes, life throws them a curveball. Maybe they have joint pain, anxiety, inflammation, or other issues like travel stress that make them feel less than paw-some. That’s where CBD soft chews for pets come in.
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a natural compound from hemp that can help your pet in many ways. And CBD soft chews are a delicious and convenient way to give them their daily dose of wellness. But do CBD calming chews work for dogs? Here are the top 4 reasons why they help.
1. CBD Soft Chews Can Help Your Dog Chill Out
Does your pet get nervous when you leave them alone, when there’s a thunderstorm, or when they meet new people or animals? Do they bark, scratch, or hide under the bed? If so, they might benefit from CBD dog treats. CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system, which regulates mood, sleep, appetite, and other functions. Plus, CBD soft chews for dogs often contain other calming ingredients, such as chamomile, L-theanine, or melatonin. At The Hemp Pharmacist, we take our THC-free CBD chews a step further with full-spectrum cannabinoids like CBN and CBG, prized for their therapeutic, anxiolytic properties and the clinically-studied Suntheanine® L-Theanine amino acid.
2. Soft Chews Can Support Your Dog’s Joints and Mobility
As your pet ages, they may experience joint pain, stiffness, and inflammation due to arthritis or other conditions. This can make them less active, playful, and comfortable. Our soft chews for dogs can help your pet maintain healthy joints and mobility by reducing pain. They can also protect the cartilage and prevent further joint damage by fighting oxidative stress. Other joint-supporting ingredients may include glucosamine, chondroitin, or turmeric.
3. Soft Chews Can Boost Your Dog’s Immune System
These hemp-derived soft chews can also help your pet stay healthy and strong by boosting their immune system. It has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and neuroprotective properties that can help fight off infections, diseases, and free radicals. They can also modulate the immune system and prevent it from overreacting or underreacting, which can cause autoimmune disorders or allergies— helping your pet ward off illness and recover faster.
4. CBD Soft Chews Are Yummy and Handy
Last but not least, CBD soft chews for dogs come in various flavors, such as Honey Chicken, Turkey, Bacon, and Peanut Butter, which your pet will love. They are also easy to dose and administer— simply give them to your pet as a treat or mix them with their food. Best of all, they’re portable and discreet, so you can take them on those extra-long walks.
How Much CBD Can My Dog Have?
Although CBD does not contain THC, the psychoactive substance that makes people (and pets) “high,” it must be appropriately administered to notice its effects. The dosage depends on your pet’s weight, health condition, and potency of the CBD product you are using. Here are some general guidelines to follow from The Hemp Pharmacist so you aren’t giving Fluffy too little or too much:
- A general rule of thumb is to give your dog 0.2mg of CBD per pound of body weight. Still, you should always start with a low dose and gradually increase it until you see the desired effects.
- Consult your veterinarian before giving your dog CBD, especially if your dog has any underlying health issues or is taking any medications.
- Use a reputable and high-quality CBD product for your dog, preferably one that is natural, full-spectrum, and third-party tested for purity and potency.
- Check the label of your CBD product and follow the instructions carefully. Measure the CBD oil with a dropper or a syringe and administer it directly into your dog’s mouth or mix it with his food or treats.
- Monitor your dog’s response to CBD and adjust the dosage accordingly. Look for signs of improvement in your dog’s condition and any possible side effects, such as drowsiness, dry mouth, or low blood pressure.
For more detailed information on CBD dosages for your furry friend, contact the experts at The Hemp Pharmacist. We’re here to guide you and your pet to wellness with pharmaceutical-grade, ISO-certified CBD products like cbdMD pet chews and Ananda Pets treats.
Remember, free shipping is available on purchases over $75! Contact Us today.
**The information provided in this blog is intended for educational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice. While research on CBD for pets has shown promising results, it is crucial to understand that every dog is different, and the reactions to CBD can vary. Be sure to speak with a qualified veterinarian before starting your pet on any new supplement regimen, including CBD products. The Hemp Pharmacist is not responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of our products. Always ensure that you are purchasing high-quality, lab-tested CBD treats specifically formulated for pets.**